, serving useless content from an undisclosed location since 1997

July 28, 2011

Substitute Car.

Filed under: Cars — chuck goolsbee @ 10:31 pm
U-joints should work like this - mine doesn't.
U-joints should work like this - mine doesn't.

While prepping the 65E for the Monte Shelton NW Classic Rally I discovered a bad u-joint in the drivers’ side rear outboard side. It did some serious damage to the tire in the process of failing, so the car is out of commission until I fix it. Of course I discovered this while I:

a. Was a week away from the NW Classic Rally.
b. Was at the start of the implementation phase of my largest project to-date at work.

My timing as always, remains impeccable!

Thankfully, we have a backup car, the “Cruise Missile.”

Not as sexy as the 65E, but it is running so we’re taking it. Stay tuned for updates from the Rally!

1 Comment

  1. I was wondering when you tweeted about leaving why you weren’t taking the Jag. Hope it won’t be too much of a pain to fix.

    Comment by jharbert — July 29, 2011 @ 7:13 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress