If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I’ve been fighting with the 65E’s right rear axle on and off for several weeks. I’m happy to report that over the past couple of days I’ve finally come out on top of this epic wrestling match. The new u-joints are in, and the axle has been reassembled. It is nice and solid, unlike the distinct wobble it had before.
I finally finished the lubrication job I started about 3 weeks ago when I found this mess, and all I have to do now is put some new tires on the car and we’re good to go!
I have to say it is immensely satisfying to turn that last wrench on a tough job and look at the finished product. =)