, serving useless content from an undisclosed location since 1997

March 29, 2008

Update on my Exhaust: For want of a screw…

Filed under: Cars — chuck goolsbee @ 10:04 pm
stopped the whole process!
stopped the whole process!

That little screw you see there is what stopped my whole exhaust replacement project in its tracks today.

When I pulled the exhaust off back in January this screw fell out of the heat shield right above the mufflers. I figured I’d put it back on when the time came to replace the exhaust. Well, I come to find out today that the hole where this screw secures the heat shield is over-sized. In the process of finding that out, I bent the heat shield and now it won’t fit right. Oh well. Of course I found all this out after my favorite parts supplier had closed for the day. sigh. I’ll order a new heat shield on Monday.

I did salvage some of today though. I polished the resonators… they looked pretty grotty. I also dried a batch of washed BioDiesel, and wrestled with Mike’s very dirty WVO delivered by John. It is going to take some work to pre-filter this batch (of about 70 gallons.) Ugh.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress